My friend Raisa has shared this recipe with me, and I am so grateful to know about this healthy recipe. It’s easy and stores in a fridge for several weeks if used in glass containers. The sugar, salt, and vinegar create for a savory salad. The cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin K and C. Carrots are rich in beta-carotene and fiber and also has antioxidants. Bell peppers have vitamin C and capsaicin.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Servings: 10 people
Skill level: Easy
2 cups of water
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 & 1/2 teaspoons of salt
1 cup of vinegar
1 cup of vegetable oil
Pinch of cayenne
2 heads of cabbages
2 bell peppers
- In a pan boil 2 cups of water. As soon as the water boils, add 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1 & 1/2 teaspoon of salt and stir. Set the mixture aside and let it cool to room temperature.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the salad. For the cabbages peel the first 1 or 2 layers of leaves and wash it. Cut out the core area and cut it in half. With a knife cut and shred the cabbages.
3. Then wash and dice the bell peppers. Peel the carrots and grate it.
4. Prepare a clean huge bucket or pot and wipe it with vinegar to disinfect it.
5. Add the vegetables to the bucket and add salt, pepper and a pinch of cayenne.
6. Pour in 1 cup of oil and 1 cup of vinegar. Then add the pot mixture to the vegetables. Mix the salad very well.
7. Then take clean glass containers and disinfect it with vinegar, including the lids. Add the salads in the glass containers and keep refrigerated. The salad should last for weeks in glass containers. Enjoy!
Copyright © 2017 LessSimpleCarbs.com