WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment or submitting a contact form.
- Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- Statcounter – is an online service which helps us to understand our visitors; for example, how visitors find our website, how long they spend on our site, which web pages they are most interested in etc. We use Statcounter because better understanding how visitors are interacting with our website helps us to improve the content, design and functionality of our site. This allows us to offer a better online experience to our visitors.
- * Time and date of visit (this can help us to identify and plan for busy periods on our website)
- * IP address (this is a numerical label assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider to enable the device to access the internet)
- * Browser and Operating System (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the browsers/operating systems used to access our site)
- * Device Information e.g. device type and screen size (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the devices used to access our site)
- * Referring Data e.g. a search engine link (this can help us to understand which search engines are helping visitors to find our website)
Furthermore, when you visit our website a Statcounter cookie (called “is_unique”) may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site.
You can learn more about cookies from Statcounter and set your browser to refuse same here:
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at LessSimpleCarbs@gmail.com to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to LessSimpleCarbs@gmail.com.
Amend – You may contact us at LessSimpleCarbs@gmail.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to LessSimpleCarbs@gmail.com.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at LessSimpleCarbs@gmail.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
NEVADA PRIVACY OF INFORMATION COLLECTED ON THE INTERNET FROM CONSUMERS ACT
Pursuant to the Nevada Privacy of Information Collected on the Internet from Consumers Act (“NPICICA”), Nevada residents may opt out of the sale of any personal information. As described above, your personal information may be shared with third-party service providers/operators in order to fulfill purchased products or to communicate with you. We do not sell (which is defined in the NPICICA as “the exchange of covered information for monetary consideration by the operator to a person for the person to license or sell the covered information to additional persons”) your covered information, which includes:
- Your first and last name;
- Your address;
- Your email address;
- Your phone number;
- Your social security number;
- Any identifier that would allow you to be contacted either physically or online; or,
- Any other information concerning you, collected from you by the Website and maintained by us, in combination with an identifier in a form that makes the information personally identifiable.
If you have any questions regarding our usage of your personal information, please email LessSimpleCarbs@gmail.com.